Based in NYC and happy to travel, we play weddings, ceremonies, special events and more.
– We play Jazz standards, Brazilian music, pop songs, original music and client requests.
– We take up to five song requests per event (at least one month in advance). A sample set list is below.
– We add elegance, liveliness and soulfulness to your event.
– Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Marye Lobb Brazilian Jazz Band Song List
1. Brigas Nunca Mais (Joao Gilberto)
2. One Note Samba (Ella Fitzgerald)
3. Nobre Vagabundo (Daniela Mercury)
4. Inutil Paisagem (Elis Regina)
5. Vivo Sonhando (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
6. Corcovado (Astrud Gilberto)
7. Eu Sei Que Vou Te Amar (Maria Creuza)
8. Garota de Ipanema (Frank Sinatra)
9. O Barquinho (Karin Allyson)
10. It Dont Mean a Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing) (Lady GaGa)
11. Blue Skies (Doris Day)
12. Fly Me to the Moon (Angelina Jordan)
13. Moon River (Audrey Hepburn)
14. My Romance (Tony Bennett)
15. When I Fall In Love (Celine Dion)
16. Blue Moon (Elvis Presley)
17. Nine Million Bicycles (Katie Melua)
18. Come Away with Me (Norah Jones)
19. A Thousand Years (Christina Perri)
20. Faithfully (Journey)
21. Rainbow Connection (Willie Nelson)
22. Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Israel Kamakawiwo’ole)
23. You Raise Me Up (Josh Groban)
24. Music; My Love (from album #1 Finding Home)
25. I LOVE YOU(from album #3 – coming soon!)
26. Top of the Trees (from album #3 – coming soon!)
27. Naranjas (from album #2 NOT AT WAR)
28. 1/2 as Much(from album #3 – coming soon!)
Introducing… The Band…
Ayako Higuchi on piano:
Ayako started playing classical piano at the age of 5, and started composing music at the age of 7. She and Marye have been playing together since their days studying at the Berklee College of Music. Originally from Fukuoka, Japan, Ayako moved to New York in 2007 after Berklee and has performed at various venues/occasions such as The Today Show, Apollo Theater, Carnegie Hall, and Smalls Jazz Club. Her 1st album “Smooth” is now available at iTunes, Amazon MP3, Google Play etc. In addition to being a brilliant pianist Ayako composes for games/sound design and films. Ayako is recently married, loves visiting Coney Island and has a great sense of humor. Learn more about Ayako and listen to some of her work here: www.ayakohiguchi.com
Joonsam Lee on upright bass:
Joining the band in 2014, Joonsam Lee plays upright bass. He was born and raised in Seoul, South Korea and in 2007, he moved to New York City to study at N.Y.U. for a Master’s Degree in Music. He has performed in NYC at the Blue Note Jazz Club, Jazz at Lincoln Center, Smalls, Fat Cat, Kitano; Grand Tour Jazz Festival(Italy), Jazz Di Marca Festival(Italy), Jarasum International Jazz Festival(South Korea) and more. He also has his own band the “Joonsam Lee Quintet” and works as a sideman for various jazz, Broadway and symphony performances. He likes to run marathons, hopes to have a big family someday and finds tuning instruments to be very calming.
Mauricio de Souza on drums
Mauricio de Souza and Marye Lobb have been playing together since the release of Marye Lobb’s first album Finding Home in 2008. Born in Brasília, Brazil, Maurício is a drummer who easily performs in both traditional jazz and Brazilian jazz styles. Coming from a musical family, de Souza began playing the drums at age eleven. While a junior in high school, he spent his summer vacation to study with Joe Morello in New Jersey. Upon graduating from high school, de Souza returned to the US to continue his studies with Mr. Morello and attend college. Since settling in Northern New Jersey in 2004, de Souza has performed at some of the finest jazz venues and festivals with his two groups: Bossa Brasil® (Brazilian Jazz) and Maurício de Souza Group (Straight Ahead Jazz). Mauricio has released two albums to date: “Different Directions” in 2013 and “Here. There…” in 2010. Mauricio is an avid paintball player, loves to watch the Family Guy and tell good jokes. Read more about Mauricio and listen to some of his work here: www.mauriciodesouzajazz.com
Marye Lobb sings and plays ukulele and guitar and is the director of the Marye Lobb Brazilian Jazz Band. She is thrilled to play with such talented and accomplished musicians and would be honored to play your next event. Please email email@example.com for details.
Marye Lobb Singer/Songwriter